Celestron Advanced VX Computerized Mount
Engineered from the ground up with astroimaging in mind, the new Advanced VX series from Celestron sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes. Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, with all the performance of their larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, this mount will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lbs
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
- Improved electronics with increased memory for future expansion
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
|Instrument load capacity
||30 lbs (13.6 kg)
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)
||1118 - 1626 mm (44 – 64")
|Tripod Leg Diameter
||50.8 mm (2") Stainless Steel
|Latitude adjustment range
||7° - 77°
|Total EQ Head Weight
||17 lbs (7.71 kg)
||18 lbs (8.16 kg)
|Weight of Counterweights
||1 x 12 lbs
||9 slew speeds
||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
||EQ North & EQ South
|Number of Auxiliary ports
||3 (1 hand control and 2 AUX ports for optional accessories)
||12V DC 3 5A (tip positive)
||Low cog DC servo motors with encoders on both axes
||2-star, 1-star, Solar system, Quick-align, Last-align
|Periodic Error Correction
|Computer Hand Control
||NexStar+ hand control with LCD display, 19 fiber-optic backlit LED buttons
||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
||Starry Night Special Edition, No
||Advanced VX Equatorial Head| Tripod| Accessory Tray|1 x 12 lbs counterweight| NexStar+ Hand Control| DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)