Celestron Light Pollution Imaging Filter, RASA
Get the most out of your Celestron Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph 11, even under light-polluted skies, with this Light Pollution Imaging Filter, custom-designed for the RASA. No matter which camera you use, this filter’s generous 68 mm clear aperture allows it to easily accommodate today’s largest sensors. Utilizing a machined aluminum housing and Schott B270 glass, the filter replaces the RASA’s clear optical window so the RASA’s optical performance is unaltered.
Remove Light Pollution While Keeping Your Images Bright
Light pollution limits how much of the night sky we can see and photograph. When imaging with a color camera in light polluted areas, skyglow degrades image quality. Light pollution filters help to selectively block light emitted from common streetlights and other ambient lighting. But most light pollution filters greatly compromise the total light throughput, causing dim images, and negatively impact the color balance, causing images to appear too green or blue.
The Light Pollution Imaging Filter for RASA “surgically” removes unwanted light pollution while preserving as much of the useful spectrum as possible. That means you’ll still retain over 90 percent of the light captured by your telescope at many wavelengths.
Unlike other light pollution suppression filters, the Celestron LP Imaging Filter for RASA maintains a relatively neutral color balance so you can bring out subtle color in galaxies and other faint deep sky objects. Multiple layers of specially-formulated dielectric coatings provide the desired transmission, while anti-reflective coatings minimize star halos and internal reflections.
Also included is a clear plastic case to protect the filter when not in use
Individually Tested for Quality
Every Celestron Light Pollution Imaging Filter is tested individually for light transmission. Inside the box, you’ll receive a graph detailing the actual transmission spectrum for your specific filter.
- Take beautiful images of deep-sky objects from light-polluted suburban locations with the Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph 11 (RASA 11) using this light pollution suppression filter
- Custom designed to replace the RASA’s optical window, so you still get optimum optical performance even with the addition of the filter
- Selectively blocks unwanted light pollution while providing over 90% transmission at critical wavelengths
- Maintains a more neutral color balance than other light pollution imaging filters, perfect for imaging colorful nebulae and galaxies
- Every filter is individually tested for light transmission. A graph of test results for your specific filter is included for your reference
||Hard coated dielectric and multi-layer antireflection coatings